General Admission Requirements

To be able to apply for an M.A. programme, the candidates must have a bachelor degree regardless of any major. Applicants are interviewed in order to be evaluated in terms of their general knowledge on history and basic history writing theories. The interview is assessed over 100 points and 30 percent of the score is taken into consideration for the overall elimination. Additionally, 20 percent of the average graduation points of bachelor degree is added for the final assessment. On the other hand, the candidates must hold a minimum 55 points (50 percent of which is taken into consideration for the general evaluation) for the Selection Examination for Academic Personnel and Graduate Studies (ALES) biannually undertaken by the Student Selection and Placement Centre (ÖSYM), or must hold an equivalent point for the GRE and GMAT. Applicants must have one of the following scores for the language proficiency: KPDS-60, TOEFL-163, TOEFL IBT-64, IELTS-5.5, CPE-C, ÜDS-60.

*For international students, candidates must hold a minimum 60 points at the Exam of Turkish Language Proficiency undertaken by Turkish and Foreign Languages Research and Application Center (TÖMER).

For the PhD programme, the candidates must have a master's degree regardless of any major. Applicants are interviewed in order to be evaluated in terms of their general knowledge on history and basic history writing theories. The interview/oral exam is assessed over 100 points and 30 percent of the score is taken into consideration for the overall elimination. Applicants must have a minimum 70 points at the oral exam. Additionally, 20 percent of the average graduation points of master's degree is taken into consideration. The candidates must also hold a minimum 55 points ( 50 percent of which is taken into consideration for the general evaluation) for the Selection Examination for Academic Personnel and Graduate Studies (ALES) biannually undertaken by the Student Selection and Placement Centre (OSYM), or must hold an equivalent point for the GRE and GMAT. Applicants must have one of the following scores for the language proficiency: KPDS - 70, TOEFL - 197, TOEFL IBT - 74, IELTS - 6.0, CPE-B, ÜDS - 70.

*For  international students, candidates must hold a minimum 60 points at the Exam of Turkish Language Proficiency undertaken by Turkish and Foreign Languages Research and Application Center (TÖMER).

Atatürk Institute
Beytepe/ANKARA
Tel:0 312 297 68 70 Faks:0312 299 20 76
ait@hacettepe.edu.tr